Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year

Hey everyone!

Wow! I can't believe that I haven't posted in over 10 months! It's been a busy year, with my second and third semesters of college, changing my major a couple times and transferring from the main campus of my university to an off campus to location to just recently transferring to community college. I haven't read as quite as many books as I wanted to this year, school kept me busy and reading ruts kept dragging me down. But I figured out what I had to do to get out of the ruts, and I've gotten back into reading more. I posted some reviews this year on Amazon, but mostly, when I've read, I haven't posted reviews, mainly because I have read books that I had already read before.

This past June, I got to go to Utopia in Nashville for the second time, and it was even better this year. I wasn't afraid to go up to people and talk to them, having met quite a bit of them the year before when I went for the first time. I also got the chance to go to the Mile High Author Event in Denver, Colorado in September. I dragged my best friend with me, and we both got to meet quite a bit of authors. I finally got the chance to meet Heidi McLaughlin, Jamie McGuire, and Cora Carmack, and I also got to see Rebecca Yarros for the third time, having seen her both times I went to Utopia.

This year, I am hoping to have a lot more time to read and write, hoping to finish at least one of my novels that I've been working on. I hope to get to the point where it is really close to share with the world, and I am thinking of self-publishing. As with reading, I hope to read 120 books, and actually keep track of what I read, I didn't really keep up with that this year, so trying to remember what I had read is extremely difficult.

I don't really do New Years' Resolutions, but this year I'm planning on hanging out more with my family and friends, and also work a lot more on my novel. Doing online classes at the community college will certainly give me a little more time to focus on these things.

Happy New Year! And here's to hoping that it's much better than 2016!

Sincerely,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment