Sunday, January 8, 2017

Across the Way Review Post

Across the Way
Amy McClung
 
Blurb
 Love never factored into her agenda, but sometimes fate alters plans.

Marie has her twenties planned out. Her dream to see all fifty states before she turns twenty-five finally comes true. With a two-year trip ahead of her, she says good-bye to her family and her best friend Jayce. Though fearing the trip could change their friendship forever, a pact is formed. They're determined not to let distance impact on their relationship.

Amidst triumph and heartache, new relationships and friendships, Marie soon discovers her journey is so much more than an adventure. Instead, she finally realizes where she truly belongs.

Review
I started reading this book after the author made me curious by saying that there would be something in it that I'd appreciate. I started reading Across the Way around noon and finished it about six pm in the same day. I absolutely loved the characters, they made me laugh, they made me cry, they made me yell out loud at them for being so stupid. I loved the love triangle, and I love the ending.

Marie goes on a trip to visit every state, something I only hope to do sometime in the future, and along the way she finds love. And that is unexpected; she doesn't plan on finding love on her trip. But it doesn't come easily. The tension between the characters at times is so well written and the way it is resolved is fantastic. I have no words about how much I loved this book, besides that the ending made me so excited, because the plot was resolved.

I highly recommend Across the Way, along with all of Amy McClung's books!

No comments:

Post a Comment