Thursday, June 5, 2014

Author Interview with Misty Watts




Earthborn – Release June 12 

 Synopsis:
Earthborn is a faith-fiction thriller. Declan, Max and Olivia were old college buddies that endlessly debated the existence of giants, or Nephilim, in biblical times. When they are reunited for a mass murder investigation, they find that these slayings were not committed by men. The 'fallen ones' had come to claim the women who were worthy to bear their children, and once again, their offspring would bring terror to the Earth. Two Secret Societies had fought against each other for years. The Sodalitat had worked endlessly to prevent such a shattering event from taking place. The Camorra did everything in their power to bring upon the resurrection of the Nephilim, going as far as attempting to recreate the creatures in a lab using viable DNA from excavated bones. A young student, Clementine, gets caught in the crossfire between her favorite professor, Olivia, and her best friend, Mae, when she is chosen. Women who are found unworthy are slaughtered. The government finds a gene marker that allows them to indicate if a citizen is a descendant of the Nephilim, and calls forth those with distinct characteristics to be tested. Pandemonium breaks loose across the world as citizens react to the news. Declan, Max and Olivia must find a way to stop the cosmic event from coming to fruition.

The Interview
Can you describe Earthborn in 20 words? 
   Earthborn is a faith fiction thriller based on Genesis 6:4, which discusses Nephilim.

How did you come up with the idea for Earthborn? 
   I was actually researching conspiracy theories and came across a History Channel special about Nephilim. I thought it was a neat concept, so I took it one step further… or two or three.  

Describe a typical day when you are writing. Do you have any pre-writing rituals? 
   During the winter, I love to curl up in my chair with my laptop, a throw and a cup of coffee. I also love my writing gloves. During warmer months, my beverage is changed to lemon water and I sit on my sun porch. Most of my stories are set in the country at some point. The rural area surrounding my house is very inspiring. 

What came first, the characters or the concept for the story? 
  The concept, definitely. But I love my characters. 

If Earthborn became a movie, who would your dream cast be? 
  That’s an excellent question. I guess I would have to go with Claire Danes for Olivia. I usually see Max as Alexander Skarsgard. James Van Der Beek would be great as Declan. Clementine is harder for me to place. She’s such an interesting character. Perhaps Emma Roberts? 

Do you ever read the reviews about your books? 
  Yes. People say that I shouldn’t, but I always do. 

Do you have any tattoos or piercings? 
  I have my ears pierced a few times, and a couple of tattoos. My favorite is the apple tree on my back. I totally love it.

What is your biggest pet peeve? 
  Open drawers or cabinets. I can tell where every member of my household has been by the trail of opened drawers and cabinets. 
 
About Misty Watts
Misty Watts was born and raised in Cayce, a small farming town in West Kentucky.
With very little to do in a small town, she let her imagination get the better of her and always dreamed of being a published author. She attended college at the University of Tennessee at Martin and received a Bachelor's Degree in Communications. After working with companies in each area of media, she was still unsatisfied. 
In 2010, she began writing "Reap" for fun and hasn't stopped yet.  The book turned into a series and plans for more books are in the works. 
Watts is now an independent author and runs a small advertising/marketing company, Deep Blue Daisy, with her husband. 
After many, many moves, she now resides once again in Cayce, Kentucky, with her husband, three daughters and two cats. 
Where can your fans find you?
Website: www.mistywatts.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mistywattsauthor
Twitter: @wattsbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment