Series- Knotted Roots Book # 1
Genre- YA Romance
Partying with friends and scoring a flawless tan is about all Roxie has on her list of things to make her Hampton's summer perfect.
Her parents, however, have other plans and Grandma Betty's farm is just one of them.
Just as her life is in shambles and the quaint town is suffocating her, she meets Chase.
Somewhere in the mix of bummer summer and small town doldrums, he becomes the boy she can't seem to avoid falling for. Just adding him to the picture, her stay starts to get better, even if she knows it has to end with the summer holidays.
That is until Betty drops a life-shattering bomb.
Roxie must make a choice that will change her life forever. What happens when a spoiled brat from New York learns the true meaning of love, loss, and forgiveness?
Can Chase and Roxie find a way to be together or is this just another summer romance?
Knotted Roots: Character Bio
Hometown: New York City, New York
Favorites: Pink, The Vampire Diaries, Espadrille shoes, dancing with the lights out, playing pinball, and Top Gun.
Best Qualities: Fiercely loyal, great fashion sense, curly hair that doesn’t frizz in the summer.
Worst Qualities: Stubborn, quick to judge, has to learn lessons the hard way.Favorite Quote: “Your clothes should be tight enough to show you are a woman, but loose enough to show you’re a lady.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
Knotted Roots Soundtrack
1) Diva- Beyonce
2) Bitch- Meredith Brooks
3) Raise Your Glass- P!nk
4) Inside Out- Eve 6
5) Heart Attack- Demi Lovato
6) Wanted- Hunter Hayes
7) Storm Warning- Hunter Hayes
8) Rainy Season- Hunter Hayes
9) I Will Not Say Goodbye- Danny Gokey
10) Carry On- Fun.
11) Courage- Orianthi
Knotted Roots – Playlist
1. Hunter Hayes- “Wanted”
2. Pink- “Just Give Me a Reason”
3. Kelly Clarkson- “Dark Side”
4. Glee Cast- “Girl on Fire”
5. Hunter Hayes- “Somebody’s Heartbreak”
6. Hunter Hayes- “All You Ever”
7. Hunter Hayes- “Rainy Season”
8. Demi Lovato- “Give Your Heart a Break”
9. Avril Lavigne- “Keep Holding on”
10. Danny Gokey- “I Will Not Say Goodbye”Each and every song on this playlist was an inspiration for a scene in Knotted Roots. Hunter Hayes’ “Wanted” is literally the theme song for the book. I listened to this song on repeat during the entire time I wrote. His whole album is amazing and kept me going through the long nights of writing.
Title- Hidden Falls
Series- Knotted Roots # 1.5 (Novella)
Publication Date- July 3, 2013
Genre- YA Romance
The southern summer was back with a vengeance.
Helping out a friend was what Katy had in mind when she agreed to give Roxie a hand on the farm.
She expected it to be an easy job wrapped in the possibility of a break from her mother’s constant vodka stupor.
What she didn’t expect was to find him.
Brian spent his life in his brother’s shadow, constantly falling short of others’ expectations.
When he gets the chance to prove himself, he's forced to decide if there’s more to him than just the mistakes he’s made.
The summer was supposed to be easy.
It was supposed to be fun.
But sometimes, when you least expect it...you fall.
Hidden Falls Soundtrack
1. Somebody’s Heartbreak- Hunter Hayes
2. Cruise- Florida Georgia Line
3. Just Give Me a Reason- P!nk
4. Get Lucky- Daft Punk
5. Titanium- David Guetta
6. Good Girl- Carrie Underwood
7. Die Young- Ke$ha
8. I Don’t Want This Night to End- Luke Bryan
9. It’s Time- Imagine Dragons
Hidden Falls Playlist
1) My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark: Fall Out Boy
2) The Entire Hunter Hayes’ Wanted CD.
3) Blackbird- Glee Version
4) Clarity- Glee Version
5) Girl on Fire- Glee Version (Seeing a pattern?)
6) Hung up- Glee Version
7) Mean- Taylor Swift
8) Never Say Never- Glee Version
9) Radioactive- Imagine Dragons
10) Beam me up- P!nk
11) How Come You’re Not Here- P!nk
12) Walk of Shame- P!nk
13) The Only Exception- Paramore
14) Come & Get it- Selena Gomez (That one got stuck in my head for days! LOL)
15) Baby Got Back- Sir Mix-A-Lot (Don’t judge me :P )
About the Author:
Ruthi Kight currently lives in her hometown of Columbia, SC, with her fiancé and five year old daughter. She has an unhealthy addiction to books, music, and chocolate, but not necessarily in that order. When her dream of being a rock star didn't work out, she focused on her other passion: writing. She is the author of Knotted Roots, a YA Coming of Age story, and is currently working on two other novels that are due out this year.
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Ruthi-Kight/e/B00C470JAS/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1