Sunday, May 12, 2013

Night Road by Kristin Hannah


Night Road


Summary:
For a mother, life comes down to a series of choices.
To hold on…
To let go..
To forget…
To forgive…
Which road will you take? 


For eighteen years, Jude Farraday has put her children’s needs above her own, and it shows--her twins, Mia and Zach, are bright and happy teenagers. When Lexi Baill moves into their small, close knit community, no one is more welcoming than Jude. Lexi, a former foster child with a dark past, quickly becomes Mia’s best friend. Then Zach falls in love with Lexi and the three become inseparable. 

Jude does everything to keep her kids safe and on track for college. It has always been easy--until senior year of high school. Suddenly she is at a loss. Nothing feels safe anymore; every time her kids leave the house, she worries about them. 

On a hot summer’s night her worst fears come true. One decision will change the course of their lives. In the blink of an eye, the Farraday family will be torn apart and Lexi will lose everything. In the years that follow, each must face the consequences of that single night and find a way to forget…or the courage to forgive.

NIGHT ROAD is vivid, emotionally complex novel that raises profound questions about motherhood, identity, love, and forgiveness. It is a luminous, heartbreaking novel that captures both the exquisite pain of loss and the stunning power of hope. This is Kristin Hannah at her very best, telling an unforgettable story about the longing for family, the resilience of the human heart, and the courage it takes to forgive the people we love.


Review:
Night Road is an amazing book. It drew me right in and I did not want to put it down at not to go to sleep.

My mom read it right before I did, and she told me that she bawled while reading it. I was warned that I would possibly cry during parts of it. And I did. I was in the car with my parents when I got to the first part that had me in tears. I looked over to my mom and I stuttered out what I thought had happened. I will not say what because I don't want to ruin it for those who have not read it. I was sad and wanted to cry through the rest because of that part and it being mentioned many times after that. I read more than half of the book today and finished it. I cried at the end because it was both happy and sad all at once. 

Now about the characters. It takes place in third person but follows two different characters, Lexi and Jude. 

Lexi is a young teen who has been in foster home after foster home. She moves to Washington to another home, but this one is different. This time it is her aunt who she is going to live with. Jude is a mother with twin teens who are Lexi's age. She worries about them way too much and is overprotective. 

Any teenager would think that about their parents, but Jude has reasons. She wants to protect her kids, but when they reach senior year, that changes. They don't really listen to her. They go against curfew thinking that just because they are seniors, they don't have to listen. 

Zach and Mia (the twins) had become best friends with Lexi the first day of school right after she moved to Washington. They went to parties together and it was fine and not too bad. But when they are seniors, everyone is getting drunk at the parties and so do Mia, Zach and Lexi. One of the last parties before their graduation is tragic. The three friends will never go to parties together again. They "lose everything". Their lives are changed forever because they got drunk at that one party. Things will never be the same for Lexi, Zach, Mia, and Jude.

I am not going to put anything more, because if I do, it will give away a lot of information.

Overall, Night Road is a really good book that draws the reader in and takes the reader on the most amazing journey of their life.

FIVE STAR BOOK

I really recommend this book to everyone, especially those who love a little romance in their books and love tear-jerkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment